Site Meter

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Longfellow!!!

Who is this Longfellow? The people who have a liking for poetry will be the first to recognize him. His full name goes as Henry Wadsworth (not Wordsworth) Longfellow or popularly referred to as H.W. Longfellow. He lived during the 19th century in Portland, capital of United States’ east coast state Maine.
His writings are inspirational and rhyming. In my early childhood days, when I was fascinated towards rhyming poetry (anybody would have been) and when I came across one of Longfellow’s poem, I instantly became a fan. There were only four lines, and I bet I will get it correctly even in my sleep.

The heights by great men reached and kept;
Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

No comments: