Site Meter

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Blog

My last post was something related to writing skills and my inability to write frequently in my blog, the cause being lack of my writing skill and not my work pressure. On reading this, people may come up with the question, if you lack writing skills, why do you blog?

My answer is I blog because I lack writing skills. If I was a good writer, there would have been a novel published or there would have been a column in the local newspaper under my name. Atleast I would have figured in the college magazine, if I wrote a little better. Thanks to one of my friend in the college magazine editorial team, I had one of my article published in my final year. Else even that would have become a dream.

Blogs are totally different. It never says you should be a writer. It gives everybody equal space to put down their thoughts. It’s a platform for amateur writers. If one has got the skill, he can become a professional also.

The best thing about blogs is the freedom of expression it gives. This gave rise to banning of many blogs that arose anti national sentiments. It was that time, that the entire blogging community joined together to fight for its rights. It’s the same old story, where many people are targeted for mistakes of few people.

Any new technology that comes up is certainly going to have shortcomings. I would rather like to put it in another way. It can be said that people (mis)use the technology for all the wrong reasons. Most of the cutting edge technologies are results of the research undertaken for military purposes by governments and most of those technologies are effectively used by terrorists.

The best way to avoid this is to educate the students on how to use “anything”. He/She (to avoid gender bias) should be taught the technology and also how to use it in a better way and for betterment of all people. Educating the children in a proper way will pave way for a real better society. This is the reason our honorable President Kalam has always been stressing on this. As far as India is concerned, there will be still another problem that is getting the children to schools.

No comments: