Site Meter

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Good Traffic Cop

posted in alayam on 7/8/06
I was crossing the road near the anna nagar round tana junction. A Traffic police had caught a car taking a U turn at the junction where U turn's are not allowed.
The car's window pane rolled down and the driver started telling something. It was not audible for me. The cop also started yelling at him and asked him to go ahead to take the U turn.
By the time i reached the middle of the road near the median, the car started moving. The cop wanted to vent his anger out and i was the one in the middle of the road that time.
Before he could reach me, i just saw the nameplate of that car. It had a 'G' in it. The cop came towards me and started talking about the way people drive vehicles. But i was thinking how did he stop a 'G' car and asked him to take the next turn.
I really could not stop my curiosity and asked him this. He only said one line.... "All vehicles are one and the same"... I was really surprised to hear this.... and really felt happy. I was just able to say "Good" and i started walking towards the other end.
India does needs cops like this....

No comments: