Site Meter

Thursday, January 17, 2008

She....

Our eyes met just for a second, and I couldn’t resist myself from staring at her. She looked the most beautiful. The new dress, the big bindi in her forehead and the flowers all added beauty to the beauty. She was standing in front of the house, with a hint of shyness in her face. I think she felt, she is attracting a lot of attention from the people going through that way.
I usually used to see her on my way back from office. She would be standing before the house. I never used to pay much heed and used to rush to my house. Dinner would be waiting for me in my house, and I really would be hungry. After a tired day’s work and a more tiring journey back home, I always wished back home early, and completing my dinner and relaxing will be on top of my mind.
But today, it was a sheer accident that our eyes had met. Even if they had not, I would have surely seen her. It was as if, she was at the centre, with a white spotlight that was following her wherever she went.
She had a gang of 2 friends. Mostly I would find all of them together. I had seen them sometimes near my house, sometimes in the next street. The people in the house never cared where she went.
I don’t know how old she was, but my mom liked her. My mom used to give bananas, which was her favourite.
All this new dress and make up will only be for one day. As Maatu Pongal (The day after pongal, when the cows are celebrated) ends, she will be back to her old ways of her life, standing before her house, grazing in our next street, trying to get a banana from my mom, till the next maatu pongal comes.

1 comment:

Radha said...

Liked the way u had started and proceeded... Happy Maatu Pongal too...