Site Meter

Friday, March 07, 2008

New Year Resolution II....

New Year resolution…
New Year resolution? Again? People might think, it is already March, too late for a New Year resolution and early for a Tamil New Year resolution (Tamil New year generally falls on 14th April). This is a result of the “New Year resolution” (http://kuppathotti.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-year-resolution.html), I had already posted.
I am a person who strongly believes that a resolution can be taken at any time, but the important thing is to keep it going. Yes, keep it really going (I have flunked many of the resolutions that I had already took).
The “New Year” post I had put was just to motivate myself. Yesterday, in one book, I had read that “Tell your plans to your well wishers, then at least to show them, you will follow the plan”.
Unknowingly, I did the same thing.
But it turned out to be in another way. After reading that post, many of my friends were more inspired. I got a couple of mails saying that, the post was good and they too were going to blog regularly. Few of them had a blog and were not posting regularly, and others did not have one at all.
This made me realize the positive effects of something told positively. Once, Kalam had commented about the print media in India. He was presiding over a function hosted by a leading newspaper in the country (I am really not sure which one). He generally commented about the news that is printed in the front page. Mostly, they were about some bad incident that took place. When the reader starts his day with this news, it fails to boost the morale of the person. He starts cribbing about the world in general. If the good news, however small it may be, is put in big and bold letters, it will surely bring a visible change.
So, “Happy blogging” to all those who have started fresh and for those who are continuing their old ones. Spread the positive note and do your bit. It does bring a change.