Site Meter

Monday, February 09, 2009

Glendale....

Glendale.. What does it sound like? A fairy tale location? A remote village in England? Nope. There might be one, but what I am talking about here is my new home. My home for the next one year. Glendale is a city in California (there is one in Arizona too), very close to Los Angeles and Hollywood.
Glendale is a cute little city. This is called as the Jewel City or Jewel of Verdugo, because this has a jewel like formation to the Verdugo mountains nearby. The climate here is very pleasant, not much cold, not much hot.
For people who have heard or tasted Baskin-Robbins ice-cream, this city is the birth place of this world wide famous ice cream chain.
I have just started exploring this place, and will surely write more about this place. And writing about this topic as my first blog this year makes a lot of sense. Doesn't it?

3 comments:

Vinit said...

Sir I was staying in Torrance some 25-30 miles from Glendale... till 2 weeks ago.

Harish Krishnan said...

I know... Thats why scraped you asking where you stayed. You responded saying you were in Torrance and leaving to India the same week. I came here 2 weeks back only :)

Radha said...

waiting to hear more about it.. hoping to see glendale at least thru ur eyes.